Hi I'm Bryan M. Howell.
I began building web sites in the late 90s. It accidentally became my career. I love building intuitive and simple user interfaces that help people accomplish their tasks so that they can resume their busy day. I've used and worked with so many tools in my 20+ year career, that it is almost pointless to try and have that discussion. I prefer the Microsoft tech stack, because of the tools and user friendliness. In the same way that I like simple UI, I like my development and design tools to be as simple and consistent as possible. I like Agile / Scrum when implemented realistically. I like organizations that are realistic about what their real requirements are and that can retain their focus on their core competencies. I do not play politics. I do not backstab. I do not like drama. I just like to solve problems WHILE keeping a smile on everyone's face. In summary, I am far from perfect, but I have been around the block with technology. I bring a level of expertise without getting stuck in "this is the way we've always done it."
End-to-end Web Application Consultant May 2000 - current
Self Employed / W2 Contractor
Everything from business analysis, to on-prem network/server details and of course web app development / deployment / maintenance. All of my consulting was in the Microsoft tech stack.
- Software development
- User Experience Design & Branding Consistency
- Business Analysis
- System Analysis / Auditing
- 508c and ADA Compliance
- Competitive Analysis
QDA / GermanEdge November, 2018 - July,2019
UX Designer, Software Engineer, Scrum Master
Located in Luebeck, Germany, this was a great experience in working with other cultures and different modes of thought.
- Mobile First UI
- DevExtreme Components
- .NET Core API
- Rabbit MQ
University of Phoenix November, 2010 - March, 2020
Adjunct Professor - Information and Systems Technology
Taught over 1200 students in 9+ years of part-time Bachelor's program studies. Courses taught:
- Web Design
- Web Development
- 3D Design
- Database Design
- Flash / Animate
Personal Portfolio Using Angular
Technology : Angular, Bootstrap, SCSS, Animations
You are already here :-)
1993 - 1997
Psychology, Murray State University : Murray, KY
- Studied visual and auditory perception and artificial intelligence topics
- Studied visualization techniques for athletes
- Strong understanding and use of statistical analysis and scientific method
- Worked a full-time job on an assembly line while attending school full-time
2003 - 2005
Keller Graduate School of Management
- The desire was to use this opportunity to study business topics like marketing, accounting, finance and organizational behavior
- Half of the course work was data structures, networking, programming and analysis related to technology
- Completed with a GPA of 3.5.
send an email message